I'm getting there!
I've had to fit the quilt project into any available time, and since this is a busy time of year for me with magazine articles and such, I haven't gotten quite as far as I would have liked. However, it's coming!
Here's what I started with, the sketches:
And here are the fabrics that I chose:
I traced my pattern pieces onto lightweight fusible interfacing and applied them to the backs of the fabrics.
This is what the original set of pears looked like. They're not stitched, just stacked together. I changed my mind about one of the colors though. They seemed a bit dull, so even though it's anatomically incorrect, I selected a brighter color for the part of the core surrounding the seeds.
Time to get stitching!
Copyright 2009 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals