To continue with my goal of using up and recycling supplies that I already have, I decided to experiment with dryer sheets. I've been saving a stack of them for months (actually a LOT of months!), and it's probably past time to figure out a project for them. But my desires are not simply because I am sooooo green. Nope. The decision was really based more upon the fact that the used sheets seem like a great way to capture the look of Alaskan snow and ice, and full-out glaciers!
To get the ball rolling, I started with the acylic color sample I had previously made for myself and added a few more colors to it.
And then I began painting, adding thinned washes of the various colors (almost, but not quite, all of them) to used up dryer sheets. One color per sheet. I used freezer paper to protect my surfaces.
Here they all are, hanging to dry in my kitchen, with an ugly red drop cloth beneath them. At least it makes them stand out in the picture! Poor Mike came home and asked me WHAT in the world was going on.
And here they are, stacked by color next to the color chart, along with the paper towels I used for blotting up between colors. Material for another future project!
Next week, Part two.
Copyright 2014 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals
I think I see a quilt in the making.