Cyndi Lavin, 2017
Prints for sale
1. Paint concentric rings of gesso with White in the middle, gray around that, and Black around the outside.
2. Use a gray mixed gesso to pull Phthalo blue and Phthalo green down the length of the page. Adjust the colors and allow to dry.
3. Mist lightly and drip black India ink from a pipette.
4. Add "leaves" with a large craggy brush. I used Pyrrole orange and Permanent violet, both plain and mixed with white gesso.
5. Splatter with a mix of Hansa yellow light and white gesso.
This post contains affiliate links
Copyright 2017 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. The tutorial only may be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.