There are lots of different ways to achieve a sepia tone in your photographs using Photoshop. I recently decided to use a few of the shots I took of DH while we were in Hawai'i and print them out on cottom inkjet sheets to use in a future quilt. The first step was to get a sepia result that I liked. After trying several methods I've used in the past, this is the one that I liked the most for this application:
Duotone Sepia Technique
1. Duplicate image
3. Curves adjustment layer > darken whites and lighten blacks
4. Mode > Graytone (discard color info)
5. Adjust Contrast and/or Brightness sliders if needed
6. Mode > Duotone > sepia tritone option with magenta, black, and yellow
7. Size for printout.
8. Print out on cotton fabric sheets
Copyright 2012 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals