Please visit last week's tutorial for a complete materials and tools list, and for the first half of the instructions!
8. Add embroidery and beading details.
9. Cut backing fabric bigger than the top. Square it up and cut all edges even.
10. Quilt by hand or by machine around largest shapes if desired.
11. Pin outside edge and add blanket stitch all around the outside, picking up a large seed bead with every other stitch.
12. Epoxy the cabochon to the earring stud and stick it through all layers of the quilt when dry.
13. Stitch on hanging hardware or dowel.
14. Finished quilt
All posts on this project:
Leaf fabrics - part one
Leaf fabrics - part two
Quilt instructions - part one
Quilt instructions - part two
Copyright 2010 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals