Cyndi Lavin, 2017
Have you ever been so angry that you couldn't even see straight? That describes me two weekends ago. I don't take it out on those around me...although sometimes I do have to warn people to leave me alone for their own good. Instead, I prefer to take it out on the paints.
Here's how I did this one:
1. Pencil a design lightly on the paper (only the inner swirl in this case).
2. Go over it with GAC 100 to give it a raised look.
3. Drip thinned acrylic paints from the top. Allow to dry.
4. Glaze over sections with colors as desired, allowing the drips below to show through.
5. Use a black permopaque pen to color the raised lines. You can't see it in the scan, but I also used a turquoise colored pen to color the raised areas not covered by the thin black lines.
6. Add more lines from the swirl outward to ground the piece.
Copyright 2017 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.