Materials and Tools:
Heavy piece of watercolor paper for foundation
Exacto knife, straight edge, and cutting board
1. Create a geometric background by carefully cutting papers and gluing into place on a foundation piece of watercolor paper.
2. Cover the piece with waxed paper and weight it until completely dry.
3. Scan your piece and make multiple copies in Photoshop (or other image editing software). Store them for future use.
4. Open a photograph of an image that you want to use in the digital portion of your collage. Use the selection tools to remove the background completely.
5. Drag and drop your image onto the scanned background you’ve created. Add text digitally, or print out your collage and add the text manually.
Copyright 2008 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals