A super-easy background or perhaps even a finished collage on it’s own! Well, mine isn’t finished, but yours could be if you made it more artfully than I did ;-) I like to scan these and use them for the background of a digital piece.
Materials & Tools:
Large sheet of heavy watercolor paper
Selection of colored and decorative papers, stock paper weight
Clear plastic measure
1. Tear stock papers into uneven strips and arrange in an overlapped pattern.
2. When the papers are arranged to your satisfaction, lift them one at a time and adhere them in place with matte medium. Brush a thin coat of matte medium over top of all papers too.
3. Let it dry completely, covered with waxed paper and weighted down.
4. Use your measure to square up the corners, and cut the piece to whatever size you want, evening up the edges if desired.
5. For more options, scan your piece and play with the colors. I adjusted the hue, saturation, and lightness in Photoshop.
Copyright 2008 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals