|Deep in the Evening of the Smiley Moon|
Cyndi Lavin, 2017
Prints for sale
1. Wet a heavy piece of watercolor paper and use a foam roller to paint it solid with Hansa yellow opaque.
2. Alternate small blobs of Pearl violet, Metallic olive, and Red oxide along the top edge, and use White gesso to pull them down the page in long strokes, using a foam brush.
3. Scratch into the damp paint to reveal some of the yellow underpainting. Add more pure colors to adjust.
4. Use the bottom rim of a small paper cup to stamp in a moon arch with Hansa yellow opaque.
5. Use waterproof black India ink in pipettes to drip in the trees. Take a raggy, craggy old brush and use it to stipple in the "leaves" with a mixture of Yellow ochre and White gesso.
This post contains affiliate links
Copyright 2017 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. The tutorial only may be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.