I had a lot of fun putting together the series of digital postcards that became Jim's Story. If you missed them, the links are below. Following are the steps that I used with Photoshop to make these.
1. Scan copyright free cartoon or clip art images.
2. Convert the file into a stamp, following the directions in Making a Digital Stamp. Make sure that all interior "white" spaces are cut out.
3. Scan the background image (I used postcards) and increase the canvas size enough to add a thin black border. Adjust the colors to a more sepia tone if desired.
4. Stamp the clip art image in place. Enlarge it and clean up the edges if needed.
5. Choose a font for your message. Move the text box or rotate it to fit.
Copyright 2009 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals