I did some more sunprinting experiments this weekend, this time using cheesecloth. I was pretty happy with most of the fabrics, but the piece I liked the most was actually a failed experiment. I used a piece of watercolor paper and really soaked it, but it still didn't sunprint. Paper just dries too fast I guess. Anyway, I hated the colors that resulted, so I kept adding colors and trying over and over again to get it to print. Finally, there was enough paint build-up that the cheesecloth started to sort of embed in the layers. Well, that looked pretty cool...so I went with it. Several layers later, this is what I had:
Not sure what it's going to be a background for yet, but I'm betting that there will be beads involved!
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage