This piece started with a piece of watercolor paper that was wet. I used dilute acrylics to paint a watercolor-type of background. When dry, I figured out where the central shape was going to be and I added some lines with resist fluid.
1. Create a mask from card stock and painter's tape. Roll over the exposed painting with a light coat of white gesso on a small foam roller.
2. Use painter's tape to create an outer frame which will be rolled with black gesso.
3. Remove the masks and tape, and remove the resist from the lines.
4. Use painter's tape to position black bars across the central shape. Use black gesso.
5. I liked it on end the best of all the orientations.
Copyright 2017 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.