1. Put down a piece of freezer paper to protect your work surface…this is a very juicy technique!
2. Dip thick paper towels into several bright colors of thinned acrylic paints. Lay the towel out on the freezer paper.
3. Arrange stencils, both negative and positive, around the towel.
4. Sandwich the towel with stencils between 2 pieces of paper. You can use cardstock, watercolor paper, or even heavier textured papers like wallpaper.
5. Brayer over the entire sandwich. You’ll end up with 2 gorgeous different papers.
6. Use glazes to fill in empty areas if desired, or top with a glaze color of your choice to pull the whole piece together. I’ve used Quinacridone Gold.
Copyright 2006 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:mixed media,collage,assemblage,digital art,photography,altered books,art journals